Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Missing You Is Like Missing A Limb

In a world where lockdown runs wild,
And Quarantine reigns supreme,
We must not be lost, or apart, nor blind,
Where our fave musicians are all live on stream,
We can only blame that dreaded Covid-19,

We are forced apart, for safety,
For family, for the world,
All we have is our word,
I miss my lady, my baby,

Missing you is like missing a limb,
I awake expecting to see you next to me,
I wake thinking this is the day things won't be grim,
It's easy to escape this reality,
We have to dream, we will meet again,

Our world feels like a movie,
Surreal, uneasy, peaceful, eerie,
Some are trying to not to listen, taking all for free,
When they hear daily to stay home, we are living in history,
This has not happened before, it probably won't happen again in our lifetime,
It's okay to lose your cool and to whine, 

Missing you is like missing a limb,
Feels like you have always been here, 
I am lost now without you near,
It feels like i am missing skin,
You are always on my mind,
Sleep well, take care, be kind,

It's hard and we are all suffering,
We are in different ways handling,
Stress, anxiety, depression runs amok, 
So we have to stay home and read, lets pick a book,
Let's continue to reach out, to talk, to support and love from afar,
For the time will come one day soon where we will hold eachother and smile with tears,
For this lockdown and quarantine will not last for years,

Missing you is like missing a limb,
I move, i turn, i think, i hold, i don't feel the same,
I think of you more than ever, 24/7,
Hearing from you is like getting a little piece of heaven,
I'm sorry it's unpleasant, i'm sorry it's difficult,
The pain i feel, is so surreal, The world has me so bummed,
I can't wait for the day our hands to touch again,
May our souls shine bright, until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment