Total Pageviews

Friday 22 May 2020

Mental Health Awareness poem

You don't want to know how i feel,
You don't want to know the truth of my mental health,
It's not a good thing for either of us,
In this mad world, no one cares unless you are pretty or dying,
Society is cruel to those too smart for their own heads,

I've been pushed, shoved, beaten, broken, scarred, left for dead,
I've considered ending my life and how easier it would be if i was stateside,
I've lied for years telling everyone "i'm ok" when i'm dying on the inside,
It's easier to say i'm ok rather than say i'm not,
Pretending for so long was something i thought was impossible,
How to actually feel i kinda forgot,

Ever been terrified that trying your hardest would not be enough?, 
I'm so fucking tired, I've thought too much, help me,
If this life does not kill you, the emptiness and loneliness will,
I put on a happy face every day i wake up and embrace the sun,
As my heart beats irregularly depressingly, 

My addiction is escaping reality, to see all of life's possibilities,
Life is strange and i'm lost with no direction in sight, 
The world for myself is right now in such blight,
I've lost who i am or supposed to be,
I've thought about the medical pills but never had the courage to act,

Demons on my mind, demons in my mind,
They feed me lies and insecurities,
They get me to listen and to obey them so much easier than the self love in my brain,
Those same monsters in my head are scarier than the monsters who hide under the bed,

I'm not good with feelings despite people proclaiming me to be a wordsmith,
I care too much and i wish i did not,
When i'm low there's no where to go,
Do you care that i hurt, Do you know how much i cry,
Do you wanna know a secret?, Know why? Neither do i,

I've torn my hair out of my scalp,
I've stressed so much and had palpitations,
I've suffered a panic attack in public space,
Forever I've felt alone sitting at home inside my own head,
I've always said and felt even through my darkest days that i have a fire burning,
I want to preserve that fire and keep it burning for always,

I need help sometimes to get back up and on my feet again,
It's hard to go to others when you don't even know how you are feeling,
I've felt awkward and uncomfortable with hugs and praises and shown love,
When really there's a part in my brain that gets unblocked and feels warm after a hug,

I've had no choice but continue going on down this road,
Hope is almost always on the horizon, 
I've often been the hope walking down the road,
My strength is unparalleled, that still does not mean i can break easily,
It's a challenge trying to stay strong all the time, 
I'll always blame myself for all the wrongs,
This is how i am, who i have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment