Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 April 2020

You're at peace - Soft acoustic song tribute to my late nan. (original song lyrics)


*Acoustic guitar strumming* 

Went round the corner today, to your old yellow house, 

in a street where everyone knew your name, 
I walked to the door and put my hand on the handle, i hesitate, 
I hesitate,

I walk on in and see nothing in sight, 
no paintings, no photos, only sunlight,
Kettle's cold but your biscuits still remain, 
Hope you're happy seeing your favourite cowboy, Ol John Wayne, 

I hope you're happy and at peace, 
While i'm down here in pain, 
you deserve to be free at least,  
Please don't ever leave us in the past,
Your memory will live on for at last,
You're at peace. 

Sleep on in silently there my friend,
You made us laugh and chuckle til the end, 
I miss you're face and your laugh,
Remember playing you in bingo and you'd call house,
Getting us to check your ticket when it was a false, 

I hope you're happy and at peace,
Knowing we are doing you proud at least,
You wont be forgotten, you're memory will remain,
Apart of our hearts forever, 
You're at peace,

*Acoustic strum solo*

Be at peace now my friend, 
I loved you to bits and i won't forget, 
All the lessons you taught and all the heights you reached, 
For this is not the end, This is not the end, 
I'll see you in my dreams, i'll see you later on,
Down the road, the skies are clear, because you're at peace,
You're at peace, 

*Acoustic slows down to a halt*

You're aaaat peeeaaaceee

ABOUT THIS PIECE
Wrote this in memory of my late Nan. Wrote this in how i feel. It's a soft acoustic song. I wish i was an actual talented musician so i could get the tune out of my head to bring this to life but hey i am working with what i got now and that's a pen and some paper. Well now obviously its transferred to my computer and blog but hey here we got its 2:30am and it's the second of April 2020. 

This is for you Nana, I love you and i miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment