Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 December 2022

Poppy - A Very Poppy Christmas Review

So we get closer to Christmas and I thought 'tis the season for me to finally listen to Poppy's Christmas Album. I had no idea until Flux came out that she did a Christmas Album! So sit down with me and grab some mulled wine and let's chill by the fireplace and warm up with Poppy.

A Very Poppy Christmas is the third E.P. by Poppy. It features three original Christmas songs and one cover, and is Poppy's first Christmas-themed release. The EP has a stripped-back sound, with Poppy only being accompanied by guitar or keyboard on most songs.
I Like Presents - It's a nice soft love kind of song, basically saying for you to leave the presents beneath the tree because she wants all of you in exchange for all of her.

I Won't Be Home For Christmas - Another soft, kind of melancholy song about love and feeling sad because as the title suggests she won't be home for Christmas, and she's sorry for it.

Kiss In The Snow - Catchy, slow, soft, pop dance kind of beat going on with the song also. Of course this is love themed too, the piano part is lovely. Yeah, I'm singing along to this, this is good and memorable.

Silver Bells - Sing songy, soft pop acoustic cover of ye olde Christmas classic Silver Bells.

Great and surprisingly lovely Christmas songs from Poppy.
I was kinda teary-eyed with some of these, I won't lie, it was so sweet and just heartfelt to me.
Thanks for reading and visiting!
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment