Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 July 2019

With Eyes Like Poison (original song lyrics)

The way you look at me, Sends shivers down my spine, 
I'm tingling and it's not a good sign,
I show no fear, i tremble before your feet, 
I want you all to myself but you want more and it's not me, 

With Eyes Like Poison, 
You send men to their knees, (to their knees),
They beg for mercy but you don't know what it means, (what it means),
You're killing them with force fed lies,
When ever will i realise,
You're poison (YOU'RE POISON), you taint everything you touch,
You make the air that we breath rich in toxicity, (toxicity),
You're killing me, killing me,
With Eyes Like Poison,
You could blink a man dead, 

The way you touch me, makes me forget the past,
But you're eyes say differently, You don't want me,
You want the feeling that i emit, You won't get it playing with knives,
Honey, you're bad medicine but no one can get enough of,
You want to forget you're mistakes and but you poison everyone's lives,

With Eyes Like Poison,
You bring everyone down, (down, down),
We beg for air, (we beg for air), we are suffocating,
We plead for forgiveness for ever doing wrong,
But it's you who should apologise, (apologise), 
For ruining lives, when will i ever realise, (realise),
That you're killing me, (killing me) killing everyone around me,
With Eyes Like Poison,

(solo)

With Eyes Like Poison,
You bring everybody down, (to their knees, to their knees),
We beg for mercy but you don't know what it means,
You corrupt and feed us lies, tell us that we're no good,(no good, no good)
Stop hurting me, stop hurting me, (you're killing me)
Your poison, (your poison),
I can't take it anymore, i was a fool to think that you were pure, (not pure, not pure),
With Eyes Like Poison

How can you justify, putting on a charade and fooling everyone,
You're not fooling me, you're hurting me (hurting me),
Hurting everyone you ever loved, using us for your own gain, then pushing us away, 
Don't you realise, this is not you, this is not me,

With Eyes Like Poison,
You drive us all insane, with your flirtatious ways,
Drawing us all in before you bite, (don't bite),
You poison the blood coursing through our veins, 
By looking you bring us to our knees, (to our knees),
I was wrong to ever, get to know you,
Stop killing me, killing me,

Haven't you realised, don't you ever realise, (realise),
You're poison, you're the plague to our kind,
Only fools rush in and die, (they all die),
With Eyes Like Poison, (Poison, Poison), 
You're the end of us all, you're killing all souls,
With Eyes Like Poison!, You'll blink a man dead!

Written by Scott Jones 2:20am 23/7/19
I wrote this over something i said in my head when watching Batman and Robin regarding Poison Ivy; "With Eyes Like Poison, she could blink a man to death" and so i got the ball rolling because i liked that With Eyes Like Poison bit and out came this. Written in the space of a half hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment