Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 January 2017

R.I.P. John Hurt

Sir John Vincent Hurt 
22 January 1940 - 27 January 2017
May your body and spirit rest in peace but may you also live on forever in your films and roles. Thank You. 

Here i will be showing images from my fave performances of John Hurt's career and also post some quotes from him and his characters.

John Merrick: I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man! 

John Merrick: People are frightened by what they don't understand.

 “Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.” ― The War Doctor 

Sutler: I want this country to realise that we stand on the edge of oblivion. I want every man, woman and child to understand how close we are to chaos. 

Professor Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm: In the absence of light, darkness prevails. There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. Make no mistake about that. And we are the ones who bump back.

Professor Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm: What is it that makes a man a man? Is it his origins, the way things start? Or is it something else, something harder to describe?

Such an iconic scene Hurt as Kane really helped kick off a huge sci-fi body horror genre i mean body horror as Aliens features chest bursters which is indeed body horror for me. Space has not felt so scary nor has encounters with other life forms until this film and scene.


Thanks for reading this, remember to comment, share and like and to follow my blog and follow me on google plus and other social media sites for more :) 
Thank you!
Scott. 

No comments:

Post a Comment