Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 March 2023

Cocaine Bear - A GREAT BUMP! FILM REVIEW!

Alright, so I really enjoyed this! It was a good laugh! I went into it expecting a dumb fun, horror/comedy and what I got from it was pretty much as expected, but the horror was not so strong but hey that's fine because everything else was good. I'm sure there will be a more "serious" cocaine bear like film on a lower budget, but this was just laugh out loud enjoyment for an hour and a half.
To the uninitiated, this film is about a bear who indulge in Cocaine which it found in the forest from a failed drug run. Cocaine Bear is directed by Elizabeth Banks and stars the likes of Alden Ehrenreich, O'Shea Jackson Jr, Keri Russell and Ray Liotta.

The soundtrack licenced and original were so good! Action and gore could have been upped more I feel but still good. Comedy was just so good! Cast were excellent. The kids were amazing and like naturally funny. I can tell all involved with this film had fun and that translates to the screen also, and I appreciate it and I feel I got more out of it for that. The bear was as you can imagine a badass but also a funny character when it was getting its cocaine fix😂

Critically a 2 and half star film, however I am not a critic, I am a consumer of films and I really enjoyed this film and I had such a laugh with it hence why I am rating it 4 stars.

I would say this is a rewatchable, dumb fun, comedy that will continue to make you laugh or scoff amusingly so yeah defo worth buying on blu-ray. I want more please. Elizabeth Banks killed it here!

Thanks for reading and visit my letterboxd account for other reviews :D
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment