Total Pageviews

Friday 3 March 2023

CREED 3 - AN OSCAR BOXER!

Michael B Jordan take a bow and I will put you forward to win some Oscars because this film DESERVES IT!
Creed 3 is the 9th? Film in the Rocky series but the 3rd instalment in the Creed series. After the events of Creed 2 we are 3 years down the line and Creed has hung up his boots after his wins and injuries to retire happily and spend his life with his family and his daughter. However, 18 years have passed, and an old familiar face has shown up into Adonis's life once again as we enter Jonathan Majors character "Diamond" Damian Anderson. All seems well and good but Dame goes for Creed's throat because Dame wants what he feels he is owed as he was sent to jail and Adonis left him behind. So now Dame forces Creed out of retirement for an epic showdown. Who will win?

First off, the cast was incredible! Soundtrack was great! FIGHT SCENES WERE EPIC ESPECIALLY THE LAST FIGHT!!!!

Michael B. Jordan more than delivered here in his directorial debut! I am excited for what he directs next! The relationship with Dame and Adonis will have people again on the fences as to who to root for as the lines get blurred with all the gripping drama. The family relationship with Creed was sweet and his daughter is so sweet, and she was a brilliant actor, I'm sorry to forget her name, but I am running on adrenaline after this film.

The final fight gave me chills! I heard Michael talk about putting in some knods of dragonball and my hero academia among other animes in this to show homage and what inspires him and OH YES I CAUGHT THOSE REFERENCES STRAIGHT AWAY IN THE FIGHTING!

This is the first film without Rocky in, and it was a shame I felt BUT maybe they will bring him back again in future, and we get a story out of it that keeps Creed going strong! With Rocky missing I was worried that this film would be lacking something, but it wasn't, and it showed Creed and Jordan can stand on their own. The theme of the film was basically about letting go of the past, and it did that and stood tall where other films would have faltered.

I do wish this film was longer, so we could have got more tense build up to Majors V Jordan showdown and I wish the fight was longer BUT I loved this!

I'd say this film deserves an Oscar and Michael deserves some for directing and his performance in this too. Overall a superb film that shows a lot of power on and off camera from Michael B Jordan, with a fabulous supporting cast and a gripping story.
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment