Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 December 2022

Five Finger Death Punch - Afterlife ALBUM REVIEW!!!

Alright fuckers and fuckette's, It is about god-damn time that we listen to METAL, and we review it here on my blog once again. 

IT IS FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH TIME MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
AfterLife is the ninth studio album by American heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch, released on August 19, 2022, via Better Noise. It is the first album since 2007's The Way of the Fist not to feature longtime lead guitarist Jason Hook, who was replaced by Andy James in 2020. So knowing we have a new guitarist on this album, I do wonder how Andy will compare with Hook. I know the band has played around with more technology with this album as the teasers have shown sounds of industrial metal and synth. 

As with my album reviews, I like to list the tracks and tell you my thoughts on the songs and then rate the album as a whole to end. What are you sitting around for? Get up and mosh!
Welcome to the Circus
Oh shit!!!! ARE YOU READY! LOOKS LIKE WE KICKING OFF GOING HARD AND CATCHY WITH THIS ONE! "YOU GOTTA KILL SOMEBODY" parts are sick! AHHHHHH THIS CHORUS! Yep yep! Fave song and we are one song into this album! As I said we got some new sounds spliced together in with FFDP's famous sound structure. "AM IIII THE ONLY ONE!" Damn boys you're opening this one with a banger!? What else is there on this album!?

Afterlife
Here we go again, another solid banger! Great catchy chorus and that guitar is peak! It's got the typical vibes or ffdp and their structured songs, but it's also different and unique. Chorus is great. Oh, here comes a screechy guitar and some gut busting drums. 

Times Like These
The first soft one on this album dare I say? It's nice, great flow and the structure and lyrics are deep. Instrumentally giving different sounds a shine. Ah man, lovely little chill song with deep lyrics.

Roll Dem Bones
Ooof hello Five finger! Here is the flow we are so used to by this band. Honestly when it comes to FFDP they got this addictive flow with their songs. You got this nice groove and aggressive vocals along with fast-paced vocals and then catchy chorus's with chunky riffs and drum beats. Proper umphf! ROLL DEM BONES! So far this is my fave of the album!

Pick Up Behind You
God do I love Ivan's clean vocals also. Mmm the bass and groove in this song is just mmm. I am bopping my body and head to this one.

Judgement Day
Shit this intro made me thought of some grime rap content to drop on me and then came the la-la's and then the slow maniacal sounding vocals from Ivan here. A different track from ffdp more synth and more like a drum machine is taking part with the industrial, grime like synth beats. It's different. Not something I can get into right now, but I can bet this one will get a slow following.

IOU
A mix of what we love about FFDP here. Fuck me this one just hits you know? Catchy, heavy and continuing the album's industrial theme with its instrumentals.Oooooh that solo daaamn Andy you go dude! (if that is Andy shredding) OK this is also one of my faves on this album! This just does something for me and makes me fist pump to its chorus. 

Thanks for Asking
Woah dude the start sounds like elevator or lobby music, and then we get treated to a sweet Spanish acoustic guitar and some shakers. This feels like another themed song like on the wrong side of heaven. Hey man, Ivan's vocals just slaps. Oh, here comes the band and the Spanish acoustic is still going on behind. When this song started I was confused and concerned but as I am near its end, I must say that I appreciate this one. Damn different for sure but man that was good.

Blood and Tar
Hello again Mr acoustic guitar, OH bye then haha, the band are giving it the chugs and grooves now with their heavy sound. This one is the military story of the album I feel. Seems like squad mates turning on each other. 

All I Know
Whistle away now ya'll. We got that soft acoustic start to this song. The longest song on the album just feels like Ivan speaking his mind. It could grow on people or me more with more listens. The guitar solo is sweet.

Gold Gutter
Aww shit! Ivan just said he about to burn it down! This is another one of the rough, catchy, typical "let's fuck shit up" song from FFDP for sure. Ivan laughs as he thanks the world and rants about it all because he wants to punish it through this song, so fuck the haters! WHEN IVAN SAID BOUNCE THE FUCKING CHUNKY HEAVY ASS NOISE THAT IS PROCEEDING TO BLAST MY FUCKING EAR DRUMS IN MY HEADPHONES IS GNARLY AS FUCK!!!! Jeeezus! Fair enough Ivan you go let loose it's so good to hear it!

The End
Well time for the last song on the album. Hmm pretty good, it's the again typical FFDP sound and structure but added technical vocals which makes Ivan sound like he's underwater at times in this song. Oh the flow of instrumentals after the "Burn it to the ground" part was wicked, what was that?! 

7/10
A different album and sound from FFDP which is interwoven with the sound structure of old. 
A good album!

Alright, so afterlife by FFDP what do you think?
Thanks for reading and sharing this review, I appreciate it so much!
See you next time, stay shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment