Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 August 2022

Machine Head - Of Kingdom & Crown Album Review!

THEY'RE BACK!
Machine Head are back with their 10th studio album, Of Kingdom And Crown. The album arrived on August 26th.

Flynn said that this album is very much a concept album set in a decimated futuristic wasteland where the sky is blood-red, following two main characters Ares and Eros. Flynn also added that a lot of inspiration for this album comes from the popular anime Attack On Titan. 

Now, when I heard this, I got super hyped because 1: I love Machine Head and 2: I love Attack On Titan. This is not The BLACKENING PART 2, This is its own deity. I have listened to this album twice in full, and I love it.

A strong return to form, from the mighty Machine Fuckin' Head! 
Robb Flynn I feel hit new levels to his vocals and this album is a showcase of his range. Production wise, this is 10/10. It's solid lyrically and instrumentally too. It's a shame some magic feels like it's been taken away due to the exposure to some songs which were previously released on an e.p. 

THE TRACKLIST:
1. SLAUGHTER THE MARTYR
2. CHØKE ØN THE ASHES ØF YØUR HATE
3. BECØME THE FIRESTØRM
4. ØVERDØSE
5. MY HANDS ARE EMPTY
6. UNHALLØWED
7. ASSIMILATE
8. KILL THY ENEMIES
9. NØ GØDS, NØ MASTERS
10. BLØØDSHØT
11. RØTTEN
12. TERMINUS
13. ARRØWS IN WØRDS FRØM THE SKY
14. EXTERØCEPTIØN*
15. ARRØWS IN WØRDS FRØM THE SKY (ACOUSTIC)*
*BONUS TRACKS on DIGIPAK and BOX SET edition.
A fantastic album!
8/10

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for checking out my review.
Be sure to share it and check out my other reviews and posts. 
Thanks for reading.
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment