Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 August 2022

POPPY - Flux Album Review

Flux is the fourth studio album by American singer Poppy. It was released on September 24, 2021, through Sumerian Records. This album is a blend of Grunge, Pop and Metal and has Poppy's signature sound of daydream lull vocals and her aggressive screams along with her band having screeching guitar's, industrial synthy sounds, catchy pop like tunes and riffs and chorus's and laid back groove's. Every Poppy album is so unique, they always manage to get into your head and also make you sing along and headbang even when it comes to a halt and hits you with some fairy tale type vocals and sounds.

This review has been on my back bench since late 2021, I meant to listen and write about this sooner but things happen and got in the way but hey better late than never right? I also have her Christmas stuff to listen to and I may do my thoughts on that and post them near to Christmas this year, so please stick around on my blog for regular and monthly posts of all sorts. :) 
The Tracklist: 
Flux, Lessen The Damage, So Mean, On The Level, Hysteria, Her, 
Bloom, As Strange As It Seems, Never Find My Place

My Opinion
This album is a lot of fun and is Poppy standing up at the world saying "I'm here, and you can't stop me because like a flower, I'll bloom." Although I favour her previous work more than this album, I have to say this is still a great album and blends all elements of her music into one singular album. Also, this album is a big Fuck you to her manipulative controlling ex, see dude she's better off without you! 
Great, Unique Album!
8/10

Poppy has some new stuff due out soon, be sure to check her out on all the social media's. 
She is set to do a short UK tour near the end of the year too!
Thanks for reading and visiting!
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment