Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 June 2022

Looking For What I Once Was (original lyrics/poem)

Poisonous blood, stains the walls in a sea of reddddd, One slice from the unforgiving sword, will show you your end, It's all becoming clear to me, for the one you seek, for he is me and I am the one, to end me!

I am lost at war, looking out for what I once was, now go, leave me in the trenches beneath your feet, or you'll meet your bitter end!

Move away, get away, run away, now,

Move away, get away, run away, now,

Violent are the winds that sweep in, across the battlefields, and I can not sleep, My temperature is rising and I have cold feet, and all the noises won't recede, 

I am lost at war, looking out for what i once was, now go, leave me in the trenches beneath your feet, or you'll meet your bitter end!

Move away, get away, run away, now,

Move away, get away, run away, now,

At the simple age of 16, they send boys like me to their early graves, one at a time over the top, even injured you don't stop, PTSD, trenchfoot, blind and dismembered, they challenge you to be better, Now that i am

Lost at war, looking out for what i once was, now go, leave me in the trenches beneath your feet, or you'll meet your bitter end, 

Move away, get away, run away, now,

Move away, get away, run away, now,

Move away, run away,

Get away, run away,

Now, now, now, now, now, now, now, now, now..........

(WW1 type song inspired by MGSRR's stranger i remain) 

No comments:

Post a Comment