Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 November 2018

My Deer The Writers Block - A Poem?

Here i lay, late at night,
Crying myself to sleep with fright,
Unable to write, Disabled to fight, 
Blocked up with ideas, blocked in by words,
This is my curse,
This is my writers block,
Stumped to continue,
I just want to be ready to rock and rolla,
But i cant even manage to push out my words in their baby stroller,
It's just a baby, a tiny idea, words that come in bundles,
The idea is a deer, 
This is my writers block, I'm stumped to continue,

I write and write, type and i type,
Describe the things i hold in my head,
To come out, come alive, manifest!,
The struggle is real its been 34 days,
The creativity is there, but nothing is coming out of my mind,
It's putting me down deeper into misery,

This is my writers block,
I struggle to go on,
So I write instead of doing nothing because, what could go wrong?,
I wish to insert a coin and enable continue,

This is my writers block,
What am i to do,
When all that comes out is just poo,
Go back to the drawing board, Or bid adieu

I'm ready but the baby won't come,
Stroller up ready for the ideas to go for a walk,
The struggle makes me unable to talk,
The block is not my friend dear,
This is my writers block, i'm unable to continue,
I wrote this in hope to free my deer.

I hope my deer, can be free,
I want it to run wild imaginatively,
I wish to break the shackles that bind,
I will bring to light, the bright and the bold,
New fresh factory made gold,
For all readers to hold,
For there's new journey's to behold,

This is my writers block,
This is my Deer. 

21 Pilots song Pet Cheetah inspired this, I use my writers block to express the struggle and to try and get out of that stumped slump i am in by creating my own kind of writing exercise. I leave this as a normal post its not really lyrical, or poem worthy i guess but it's satirical and will just be posted as a reminder to always write even when i feel nothing good is coming. Might come across as complete drivel to a lot of people i'm sure but hey power of expression! 

No comments:

Post a Comment