Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 December 2020

The Gift Underneath My Christmas Tree - (original song/poem/lyrics)

There's coal on the fire, The house is warming up,
Presents are all around As the snow gently touches the ground,
Choirs are singing jolly ol carols of old,
As mother has the turkey roasting, nice and gold,
I look at pictures of years ago, Tears fill my eyes as I remember those who have came and gone,
My eyes get wide and my jaw drops down as you enter the room all alone,

You light up the room like a Christmas tree,
A warm Novus glow for all to see,
Wonderful sight to behold,
You make me smile, the truth be told,
I'm made to be oh so happy,
Knowing your the gift of Christmas, that standing underneath my tree.

The tv is showing, those same old films, we love dear,
Although your glasses fog up, you can't see your bingo cards clear,
But we all share a laugh along with you, like all the big old families do,
You count to three and then you jump as the crackers pop at tea,

You light up the room like a Christmas tree,
A warm Novus glow for all to see,
Wonderful sight to behold,
You make me smile, the truth be told,
I'm made to be oh so happy,
Knowing your the gift of Christmas, that standing underneath my tree.

You came up here, every year,
Every Christmas without fail,
Sometimes you were alone and times you were not,
But truth be told you were such a hoot and now your gone, my brain just cannot compute,
Stop motion animated man and dog, is what we both loved in common,
But also the wealth of knowledge you have is so inspiring, it makes my brain sing and cheer,

You light up the room like a Christmas tree,
A warm Novus glow for all to see,
Wonderful sight to behold,
You make me smile, the truth be told,
I'm made to be oh so happy,
Knowing your the gift of Christmas, that standing underneath my tree.

instrumental solo*

And now its Christmas time this year, in a year which the world is crumblin down,
I look around and I say a prayer for those we've lost, all before Christmas this year,
My dear wife I shed a tear, for she's been with me all year, despite all the sadness and madness in this world, she still loves me unconditionally,

My family hold me close and let's all sit down, and enjoy this merry feast despite the shit, that's happened this year,

The best gift this Christmas is the memories of all my dears, knowing their free from any pain the world has thrown, and I plant a star upon the tree for each of thee, 

So gather round the Christmas tree and let's all share an embrace, for the best gift of Christmas is standing right here, underneath my tree......

No comments:

Post a Comment