I guess, I'm the villain,
I'm the one you should hate.
My name on the list
Makes others groan and hiss.
I have an opinion,
And I'm the one in the wrong.
No matter what I say,
It seems I've said it all wrong.
Honesty is not the best policy,
At least that's what they say.
Some people are human washing machines,
They spin my words around
And wash the truth away.
Afraid of being right,
I'm kept out of sight.
Perhaps the dark has twisted my mind.
Maybe all the good I do
Needs to be left behind.
Because my bad moments
Are remembered more than the good.
The mistakes become the story,
Even when they shouldn't.
I guess, I'm the villain.
I'm the one you should hate.
I'm the name that makes them groan,
The one they love to berate.
No matter what I say,
No matter what I do,
Somehow I'm the problem
Before I've even started to.
I guess, I'm the villain.
Perhaps that's what I've become.
No matter what I've said or done,
I'll always be the one
They point at when it's said and done.
So hang me by my reputation,
Let the judgement have its fun.
For when everyone's made up their mind,
What chance has the villain got
To become the hero
When the damage is already done?
No comments:
Post a Comment