Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 October 2023

In Loving Memory Of Steve Evans

Hello everyone, so a close family friend has unfortunately and unexpectedly passed away today....this is raw to me, and I am still in shock, and it's been 6 hours (as of writing) since I had the news broken to me from my best friend James, that his Dad has passed away.
James told me last night his dad was not well and had to go to hospital. 11am James contacted me as he needed someone, so I stayed with James and chilled and chatted and tried to distract him from the uncertainty of what was going on. It was a difficult task because we were both holding out for hope and both scared and uncertain of what to do or say or how things were looking. Steve I did my best to look after and comfort your son and I will always do that for you. Anyway, what makes me so much in shock is like we did not see this coming at all, there were no signs, he was fine and then just gone?! I know not of what I am writing or the goal of this post, it's a vent, it's raw, it's shock, it's emotional and so sad.

I have known James and his family for like 20 odd years, So I have been treated pretty much like family by my best friend James and his family. Steven Evans was like a second Dad to me, I was always treated with utmost respect and love and care by him. Steve always made everyone smile and laugh. He had killer Ozzy & Borat impressions that always made me laugh and smile. Steve would always be found at his beloved Chepstow Racing Course or in the Cardiff City Stadium watching his precious Blue Birds go at it in any home game of footie. When Steve was not at his beloved places he would be at home or on the farm or out and about with James or their dogs Leo and Sam. Sam unfortunately passed a few years back now but wow what a dog he was.
Whenever I gamed with James at night, Steve would always come into James room and greet him with some banter nicknames which always tickled us all, from calling James "sadness" or "child" it would always result in a "wtf haha" moment. James would often complain of Steve walking in his room at random points just to let a ripper off (a fart). Life doesn't make sense sometimes how good people can just be taken away with no signs, no indication that something isn't right. Never thought Steve would leave us, let alone this early in life, 60 is still too young.

The last interaction I had was Steve was upon leaving James house Thursday night/Early Hours Friday morning after Steve picked me and James up from seeing Electric Callboy in Bristol. I thanked him for taking me and giving me a lift home and said take care, and I'll see you soon. He said the same to me. I always made sure to thank him and treat him with the most utmost respect and politeness, he was a man that deserved the best and nothing else. On any car journey or trip James and Steve would play Yellow Car and also a game they made up where you make a sentence up from the last 3 letters of a car's reg plate and now that game always provided such laughs. If I was ever a bother or burden or annoying, please know, I am so sorry Steve.
This is the last photo I have of Steve.

I have no idea when the weight of this will sink in for myself, let alone James and his family. I keep expecting to hear someone say that it's some sort of prank or lie, but It does not seem to be happening, like James said to me, "this feels like some sort of sick dream I am waiting to be woken up from" and same here James....same here....

Furthermore, I wish I could have hugged and thanked Steve and told him, I loved him and how much he means to me, before he left this mortal plane. I hope he knew. I hope James and his family will be as OK as they can and that Steve can look out for them from beyond this world too. I am so sorry James. Please know I will give as much space as possible to the family and do whatever I can to help out, whenever I can. I am so sorry for your loss and I will love and miss him forever and always cherish the memories that I have of the legendary, Steven Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment