Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 May 2023

Top 10 King810 Songs

Get the body bags ready, ready your weapons and come take a trip to murder city with metal legends King810! I got into King810 in 2015 when they supported Slipknot on their UK tour. King 810 are an American heavy metal band from Flint, Michigan, formed in 2007. The band currently consists of David Gunn and Eugene Gill. The band's first release was their independent EP titled Midwest Monsters in 2012, which earned them a signing with Roadrunner Records; they released their second EP titled Proem in 2014, and their debut studio album Memoirs of a Murderer that same year. In June 2012, Gunn was assaulted when he refused to hand over a bag during a robbery. He was shot and stabbed, but survived the attack and went on to write for the band's debut and independent EP, Midwest Monsters, which was heavily inspired by that particular event and previous experiences. I have seen King810 live twice and I recommend the experience. 
10: Murder Murder Murder
Kicking off my list hard with Murderx3. The riff here is addictive and so are Davids harsh raspy vocals. 

9: Ak Concerto No. 47 Bang Guns
I will be perfectly honest the aggressive yet catchy "OOH OOH AH OOH OOH AH"' parts make this take a spot on my list because it is so fun and catchy, and it's a god-damn fire chorus.

8: Bang Guns
A different sound compared to many of the songs on my list with this one having more rap, trap, dubstep feel to it. The chorus is great and gets stuck in your head easily. 

7: I Am The Enemy
I love the flow and how catchy this song is. The way the chorus is run and put together is really something else, it stands out and lingers long in the mind. 

6: Say Cheese & Die
This is quickly becoming an all-time fave for me, it's a recently released track from King's newest album and it is so damn catchy, I love how it flows and the instrumentals in this. King at its best! 

5: I Ain't Going Back Again
A softer yet sombre song. Song all about not going back again to that dark mindset, drugs, jail, gangs you know it's about quitting those bad and dark habits. Great storytelling and a memorable chorus.

4: War Outside
I love the aggression and the catchy chorus, It makes me want to cause some environmental destruction and make it look like a warzone. THERE'S A WAR OUTSIDE! Unrelated but King's Memoirs album is an absolute masterpiece and I love it so much. 

3: Desperate Lovers
Now when I first heard this it was live in concert, and I was like "oooh this is good" I loved the heaviness and the groove and riff it was all so just addicting and metal. Catchy and aggressive. 

2: Fat Around The Heart
Lyrics like a lot of King 810 songs are self-explanatory as David walks us through his feelings and experiences. Fat around the heart meaning there's people that have not seen or done the things David has experienced. This is one of King's most popular songs. 

1: Killem All
The first time I have seen King and heard this live I was blown away, and I felt so connected to the aggression and rage and the story being told. This one really brought to life the inner primal aggression buried deep within. My absolute favourite song. 

Okie dokie so this brutality was my list and I hope you liked it and if you had no idea who King810 are, well you are welcome for the education I brought to you. Thanks for reading, feel free to share it to metal fans or fellow King810 fans alike.

Stay Shiny!

1 comment: