Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 October 2022

Bodies, Bodies, Bodies Movie Review

First off I had heard nothing and knew nothing about this film going into it. I have seen friends recently post about watching it, and they said "this is good" and I was curious and here I am after watching A24's latest horror slasher flick. I say horror, but this is more of a thriller and dark comedy slasher type of film really.
Set in current times, a group of 20 somethings get stuck at a remote mansion during a hurricane and a party game ends up very wrong when they find a dead body. They must try to work out who is behind it whilst trying to turn the power on and just survive the night.

This is very much an Among Us type film and the cast I have no idea of besides Pete Davidson and I had no idea of anything going into this film besides "it's the latest a24 horror flick, and it's good". So I was curious, and you know it's not bad, like it could have been better but also could have been worse. This film likes to mock the Gen Z and that's why all the characters are basically obnoxious. Humour was weak to me. I won't give much away, but it's got a nice twist at the end which I did not see coming. It's a mixed bag film where people either love it or don't and that is fair enough as I said above there's a way to make this a better film, but perhaps that better film will come from somewhere at a later date. 

So in short, I felt this film was OK and was a slow burn to start. It's basically Among Us but not in space haha. There's content I would have cut out BUT it had a nice twist. Also props to them for including blooper reel as after credits.
6/10

Thanks for visiting my blog and for checking out this review!
What did you think of Bodies x3? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading, Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment