Total Pageviews

Friday 6 September 2019

A Different Shade Of Green (original music lyrics)

We're burning all the beauty, destroying all the green, don't they even know, how much they mean to you and me, why cant we in this modern day and age come up with different ways to leave our marks, we stray far away from evolutionary needs, its time we stop and take a look at ourselves and the planets embrace, lets all stand together now,

Look at all the trees, why cant you tell me, why, are we destroying all the greeeen, there's different shades of green, one for every day, that shows me, how much, you mean to me.

The Amazon is being destroyed, what's a rain-forest without any rain, now, whats a forest without the beautiful landscape, can we even bless the rain down the Amazon, where smoke and fire and greed of men run wild,

Look at all the trees, why cant you tell me, why, are we destroying all the greeeen, there's different shades of green, one for every day, that shows me, how much, you mean to me.

If you take a breath in, you can surely tell, that you're alive and breathing, well, without any trees we wont be breathing well, well, we won't be breathing all to well, not too well,

We need all the trees, why can you tell me, why, are we destroying all the greeeen, there's different shades of green, one for every day, that shows me, how much, I see, you mean to me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this looking out of a window on the train last Saturday. I seen so many trees and one area had all sorts of shades of green so it stuck in my head and I was writing this while looking at my woman and thinking about the Amazon fire and how greedy a race we are.

31/8/19 
3pm
Written by S Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment