Total Pageviews

Monday 16 April 2018

When Will We Get GTA 6? Theory!

With the massive success of GTA 5 Online when will we see another Gta spinoff or Gta 6? I think it's safe to assume that Rockstar has plans for a next gen release of GTA 6 however spin off or remaster wise, I think a remastered 4 may come out before the end of the ps4 or a possible new spin off but I'm just guessing. 
Rockstar is still taking cash and pumping out new content for gta online besides that they are working on Rdr 2 so they are quite busy with things as they stand right now but will they stop releasing gta online content when red dead is out? I don't think so. I think we will see a drop in gta online players but Rockstar will still give them something to hogtie the gtao community to their game. 

GTA 6 has some big boots to fill. Not only was GTA 5 a critical and commercial success on its release, but it has now become the most profitable entertainment product of all time. According to Money Watch, GTA 5 has raked in $6 billion since its release in 2013, selling a whopping 90 million units. That money out sell's any film, book, music record or other video game. To put it in perspective, one of the highest grossing films ever Avatar only made half of that figure. 

 I'm thinking we won't be hearing anything regarding a brand new gta until 2020 with a release coming a year or two after that possibly. 

I'd love to go back to one Gta location the most and that is Vice City but i'd also love another GTA London game. I'd love to have another spin off besides a GTA 6, maybe a game set in another decade in some other new city. We need another breath of fresh air delivered into the gta series I feel. 
If we get a spinoff game in another decade I'd like it to be solely single player because I'm not a fan of the chaotic madness that is gta online and it wouldn't even matter if a gta game had online or not. The gta franchise always does amazingly well in the games industry, so they wouldn't be losing on much besides the dreaded micro-transactions but who cares for them anyway. 

Would I like gta 6 or a spin off to focus on one character or more? I'd say one character, don't get me wrong 5's main characters were amazing, I loved them all but let's go back to basics on the next one as they could branch out a lot more and with the focus being on one character maybe people will feel more connected to he or she. 
Speaking of which in our current climate of political correctness should the next gta main character be male or female? Should we the player get a choice? I would not mind either gender to be the main character in the next game.

I know no matter the choice there's going to be an outcry among some people out there, against the typical kind of thing happening where the game will be too violent and parents will want it banned for that or for being so sexual or for this or that. Every gta always gets shouted at for this or that with every release because you have to think of the children when it comes to playing 18 games. I mean what if a three year old walked in and seen someone paying for a lap dance while shooting the cops and robbing a car? I mean come on, think of the children here. Children should not be playing 18 games but hey I'm saying that even though when I was a child, I played 18 games for years from mortal kombat to gta to God of war etc etc its a long list of awesomeness and I turned out fine. 
So what ever Rockstar is planning you can certainly bet on GTA 6 being released on next gen consoles and you can also bet it's gonna be an even bigger map as the disc space will no doubt be expanding in the future allowing more code, more data to accompany a big technological advancement in the games industry with GTA 6. 

Thanks for reading!
All photo creds to their owners at rockstar and deviant artists on Deviant Art and special thanks to money watch for the information also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment