Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Top 10 Song's That Make Me Cry! (I cri evrytim)

Alri? Been a while since I did a top 10 i know but whilst I was talking to my good friend James Davie on skype the other night he asked me what song's make me cry so I named a few and then I thought what if i make a top 10 list of this? So I challenged myself to do it and here it is! I hope you enjoy and hope you feel something to these songs as I do. CLICK ON THE NUMBERS TO LISTEN TO THE SONGS!

ONE SONG PER BAND. 
I'll post the meaning of the song if I can think of one or if I can find one online. 

There could only be one Disturbed song on my list sadly as I put in the rules mentioned above. This one from the first time I heard it had tears streaming down my face. David wrote this song as an expression of how he felt when he lost his Grandfather and his journey to cope with his loss. 

Part 1 sounds like a general creep/stalker singing to himself about a girl he likes it has a dirty just gritty take music wise HOWEVER, Part 2 is not that part 2 is a beautifully structured track. The differences (between the two tracks) are subtle – 'Vermilion, Pt. 1' is about the enrapturing, the buildup, the anticipation and the neurosis," says Taylor. "'Part 2' is the aftermath, the pieces that have to be picked up later, and maybe the guilt of having lived through it.". Both songs are said to be about lost or unrequited love from a possibly suicidal person's perspective.

Simply put it's an emotionally painful song clearly about a breakup. In the video the boy is completely black and the girl is completely white. I think this is to prove that they are so opposite they can't make it work. And one of them realises this. Then at the end the girl cries a black tear because she wishes they could be together and she wants to be more like him but who know's the true story behind the song I have not found anything besides other's who think like me over the song being a break up song. 

I like this cover much more than the original by Lynyrd Skynyrd because I find Shinedown's cover to be much more powerful and emotional. The first version of this I heard was the live version Shinedown did in 2009 I believe which they said before they started to play that it goes out to their friend Dimebag Darrell so that hit me because I am a big Pantera fan and I love Dime. It's one that hits me right in the feels.

Although it's not a sad song, it's one which I find is powerful musically, lyrically and emotionally. If I have not heard this in a while I do tear up and cry. Jared Leto explained to Musicradar.com that this song very nearly didn't make the album. He said: "Actually, we were going to throw this song out, but we decided to keep it. It was hard to mix, a total pain in ass, but I'm glad it made the record because I think it fits in with the overall framework of the album. The song is a mission, an adventure that takes you on a journey. Maybe that's why it gave us so much trouble: We had go on an adventure as a band to get it right. Some songs come very easily and other ones fight you. Oftentimes, the ones that give you trouble turn out to be the best ones - this is an example of the latter."

This is a powerful song sometimes it does not get me I admit but when I sit there and think and listen to the lyrics it always does get me. Life for sure isn't easy or simple. So whether it means moving on in life or moving on through death, it's important for us to know that this is life, and if it hasn't happened to you already, it will and that's what I think this song is about and represents. 

Powerful and raw is this tune! I think of my parents and family when i hear this... because it seems like I'm never good enough for any of them... no matter how hard I try. I think this song overall is all about a guy telling his family that he is sorry for everything that happened, but he also can't forgive them for what they did to him. He wishes that things didn't happen the way they did, and asks if they could start over, would anything change? He is vividly telling the listener that abuse is real, and instead of ignoring it, one should talk about it and try to bring peace to all who were involved. It's a very powerful song, and can not go unnoticed.

Zzyzx Rd. is a love song written to Taylor's wife for helping him in his struggles against alcoholism and contemplation of suicide and omg is it a beautiful and emotional track that gets me choked up every time.

This one since the first time I ever heard it always makes me cry and think of my grandfather. According to lead singer Issac Slade the song was composed and influenced by his experience while working as a mentor at a camp for troubled teens: He was asked about it in an interview and this is what he said “One of the youngsters I was paired up with was a musician. Here I was, a protected suburbanite, and he was just 17 and had all these problems. And no one could write a manual on how to save him.” Slade also says that all the people who tried to help the kid were unsuccessful. And that is what the song is about. As Slade says in an interview, the boy's friends and family approached him by saying, "Quit taking drugs and cutting yourself or I won't talk to you again," but all he needed was some support. The boy was losing friends and going through depression. He lost his best friend and could not deal with it. 

Every single time this plays the tears come streaming down my face it's unbelievable how powerful and emotional this song is. This Song Is About Amy Lee Who Lost Her Sister At A Young Age also so I'm not sure what is sadder the song or the meaning behind the song. It's my number one what else is there to say about this. 

BONUS: Brick By Boring Brick - Paramore, Jet City Woman - Queensryche & Everlong - Foo Fighters (These makes me sad time to time because of an ex gf and yes I know how pathetic of me to say such a thing.)

ANOTHER BONUS: Through Glass - Stonesour & Disturbed - Sound of silence.

So that's all sorry for such a depressing, emotional list today but it's good to cry every now and then. Good for our eyes and good for the soul. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment