Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 March 2024

Roadhouse? SCHMOADHOUSE

Roadhouse 2024 is the remake of the cult classic Patrick Swayze 1989 hit film. We have a modern take on the film with Jake's character Dalton being a ex UFC fighter and something happens that puts him on a different part of life as he drifts town to town taking on underground fights for cash. Dalton gets hired to become a bouncer of this run down rough seaside bar but he pisses off the wrong people and carnage comes after Dalton but what the bad guys don't know is that pure carnage is heading towards them. Anyway I won't give much spoilers away but this is a straight to streaming film so my spoils will be limited.
I am so disappointed with this one.

The best part is Connor Vs Jake. Jakes character Dalton, is a strange one but when the pieces fit of him you are like "Wow okay so this guy is a stone cold psychopath" the switch up was crazy and I didn't see the murder spree coming.

The love story was so bleh, I couldn't care. Forgive me for not remembering Connor McGregors characters name either it's just because I felt he was basically playing his UFC self but tuned up to 11 haha.

They should have done more building up to the film and in the film as a whole with Connor being the bad guy and marketed the film around Connor and Jake cutting promos and fighting.

The fight scenes besides Connor Vs Jake was just urgh like what was I watching? CGI fights? It was just messy.

Anyway it's ok, I just expected much better.
4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment