Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Anime Films Recommendations

Many ask me for anime film recommendations and so here I am to deliver them to you all my dear readers😊 These are films I recommend for anyone interested in a good story or entry into Anime and so this is not a ranked or a rating list.
Your Name
Two teenagers share a profound, magical connection upon discovering they are swapping bodies. Things manage to become even more complicated when the boy and girl decide to meet in person. An absolutely beautiful film. I have seen so many times and it's just so good and hard hitting every single time. 

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas
A high school student discovers one of his classmates, Sakura Yamauchi, is suffering from a terminal illness. This secret brings the two together, as she lives out her final moments. I only seen this once but oh my god there's a part of the film which hit me so hard out of nowhere and I felt that for weeks. Heartbreaking but beautiful.

Weathering With You
In Tokyo, a runaway high school student facing financial struggles ends up with a job at a small-time publisher. One day, he meets a young girl who has the ability to control the weather. Another Makoto Shinkai film on my list and be prepared there's a few on here hehe. Beautiful animation and a lovely story. 

Porco Rosso
The plot revolves around an Italian World War I ex-fighter ace, now living as a freelance bounty hunter chasing "air pirates" in the Adriatic Sea. However, an unusual curse has transformed him into an anthropomorphic pig. Once called Marco Pagot (Marco Rossolini in the American version), he is now known to the world as "Porco Rosso", Italian for "Red Pig". A great animated comedy film that in Studio Ghibli catalogue is underrated, the English voice cast and Marco is voiced by Michael Keaton who is just brilliant in the roll. 

Dragonball Super: Broly
The film follows Goku and Vegeta as they encounter a powerful Saiyan named Broly. The film also chronicles the history of the Saiyans and the background story of these three Saiyans with different destinies connected to the turbulent period of their race, and later culminating in a massive battle between them. By now you all know how much of a big fan of DragonBall franchise I am and well if you want a quick summary of the dragon ball series start with Battle Of The Gods, then Resurrection F and finally get your bum down to watch this epic brawling animated film. Yes, I guess I just recommended two other films too in one but honestly the action and music in Broly is top notch!

One Piece: Red
The story is set on the "Island of Music" Elegia, where Uta, the world's greatest diva, holds her first ever live concert and reveals herself to the public. The Straw Hats, pirates, Marines and fans from across the world gather to enjoy Uta's voice, which has been described as "otherworldly". However, the event begins with the shocking revelation that Uta is the daughter of Shanks who is one of the most powerful pirates. Music, Pirates, Hard hitting action, stunning animation, this film was my massive dive into One Piece. Literally this film was like some narcotics, my system was blown and I needed more and I was so obsessed with the music. 

Howls Moving Castle
When an unconfident young woman is cursed with an old body by a spiteful witch, her only chance of breaking the spell lies with a self-indulgent yet insecure young wizard and his companions in his legged, walking castle. This is my personal favourite Ghibli film and the English dub is superb with Christian Bale voicing the lead and titular character of Howl.

A Silent Voice
A grade-school student with a hearing impairment is bullied and transfers to another school. Years later, the former bully is tormented by his behaviour and sets out to make amends. You go through the film hating the male protagonist, however you feel for him and his pain as the story unfolds. 

Suzume
As the skies turn red and the planet trembles, Japan stands on the brink of disaster. However, a determined teenager named Suzume sets out on a mission to save her country. Able to see supernatural forces that others cannot, it's up to her to close the mysterious doors that are spreading chaos across the land. A perilous journey awaits as the fate of Japan rests on her shoulders. The scenery, music, characters and animation were beautiful! A lot of laughs and gripping story too! I loved it. 

Let me know how you get on with these amazing films, and I hope you enjoy them all. I may do another list like this in the near future, so stay shiny and stick around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment