Total Pageviews

Friday 27 October 2023

Electric Callboy LIVE in Bristol 02 Academy - 26/10/23 REVIEW

Myself and my best mate James attended the ELECTRIFYIN' Electric Callboy gig in Bristol which was sold out but if you ask me, they went way past sold out capacity! I have attended many gigs in Bristol 02, and they have all been sold out BUT this one was just busier than I have ever seen it. First time at a gig I did not purchase any drinks or merch because of how busy it was!
Opening the show was Monuments a band whom I had never heard of before BUT I was thoroughly blown away, and I was captivated by their high energy crisp sound of metal. New fan right here and if you like In Flames I think you will like this band too. Monuments setlist was as follows; A.W.O.L, I the Creator, Leviathan, Cardinal Red, False Providence, Makeshift Harmony, Degenerate.
Next up was As Everything Unfolds, yet again another band I knew nothing about, but they were great and had again a lot of energy and good sound. They are basically a metal version of Paramore is how I would describe their sound. To me, they were alright and should have opened. AEU setlist was as follows; Ultraviolet, Slow Down, Hiding From Myself, Flip Side, Twilight, All I've Ever Known, Felt Like Home, On the Inside.

While we waited for Callboy the crowd was treated to BANGERS! Yes awesome songs everyone knows and loves and sings along to, a security guard on the stairs and the crowd were singing to each other, sort of like a serenade at points due to the gestures' haha, but it's all good fun and shows how high our energy levels were. 

FINALLY time to get HYPA as Electric Callboy enter the stage with some crowd testing issue from our Tekkno Train conductor on the screens. We are hyped and we are ready to board! Chug chug chug along with the fun german tekkno metal rave! Full of outfits, confetti, cannons, laughs, German, metal, rave, blast beats, catchy choruses and just all round fun as they bring a lot of energy and feed off the high energy sold out crowd in attendance. Electric Callboy were phenomenal and performed 18 songs in a stacked setlist - Tekkno Train, C Thunder II (Dancing Like a Ninja), Spaceman, Hate/Love, Everytime We Touch (Cascada cover), The Scene, Castrop X Spandau, Arrow of Love, Drum Solo - Darude Sandstorm, Hypa Hypa, Parasite, Let It Go / I Want It That Way, Hurrikan, Fuckboi ft Charlie Rolfe of As Everything Unfolds, MC Thunder. Encore: Pump It, Mindreader, We Got the Moves.

All in all an EPIC NIGHT of music and the crowd atmosphere was incredible! I need to see Electric Callboy in an arena next! Also need to keep an eye on Monuments.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this, for videos go to my YouTube channel @1STMETALGOD.
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment