Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 August 2023

Blue Beetle - Extraterrestrial Blast! (FILM REVIEW)

The ROAD to the DCU (dc's new cinematic universe) STARTS HERE!!!! 

So If you are not aware Blue Beetle is the first movie in the long awaited Gunn lead era of Warner Bro's DC universe of cinematic films. Xolo Mariduena stars in the leading role as Jaime Reyes and this is directed by Angel Manuel Soto. Jaime Reyes suddenly finds himself in possession of an ancient relic of alien biotechnology called the Scarab. When the Scarab chooses Jaime to be its symbiotic host, he's bestowed with an incredible suit of armour that's capable of extraordinary and unpredictable powers, forever changing his destiny as he becomes the superhero Blue Beetle.

I thought BB was bloody brilliant, I want more, and I also want to see it again!

Jaíme played by Xolo was absolutely incredible just as I imagined. He was perfectly cast. This film is a great start to the new DC universe of films. The Uncle and Nana were so funny. The villains were a bit meh, but I did like Carapax once we got into his story he was more interesting than the Evil CEO Kord lady. 

The fighting scenes were awesome! Music and lighting was so cool and synth-wavey and for me that's always loved. Heart, humour and inspiring superhero film. 

There's two after credits and the first is so interesting yet the second is uh weird to say the least, and you don't have to stay for that unless you want to show your love or want to see some more Latino representation. The Latino representations in this film I felt were on point and great to see for a change.

8.5/10

A good time no energy drinks needed. 

I was hooked all through the film and I very much enjoyed.

Please go see this film and do not sleep on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment