Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 April 2022

Ghost Live in Birmingham April 15 2022 - Review

April 15th 2022
I am in the car and on my way to Birmingham with my best mate James Evans to go see the awesome band known as Ghost! I cannot wait! I cannot believe I am actually going to see them!!! I absolutely loved their new album and I love them!  

The Birmingham Resorts World Arena is where I am today at seating near the frickin stage with James to see Ghost, it's a massive beautiful building and it is slowly filling up as we all await to hear a night of great music. The bar charges me £7 for two 500ml bottles of Coke, I feel as if I have been robbed ahaha. 

Anyway here comes the first band Twin Temple. A very weird unique and pretty cool band I have never seen nor heard of before. They tell us all to raise our horns and to say "Hail Satan!" and we all do as you do because Satanism is not as bad as you think. This is a mad mix of music I have no idea what to think of Twin Temple, Satanic Ska Metal? Satanic female fronted Madness band basically. 

Time for a quick piss break before Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats come on and oh......it's super busy I cannot move yet get to a pisser, well I will hold it in and pee later....

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats are here and they say they are going to ruin our night? Well they were fucking fantastic because it was very much Black Sabbath meets Rush. Doom slow heavy metal instrumentals with the higher vocal style of Rush. That is what they basically sounded like and I really enjoyed them, headbanged quite a bit to them actually. 
Oh here go the lights and a roar of the crowd deafens me for here come the clergy and the one and only Papa IV too! Pyro, confetti and, of course, some classy costume changes from Papa Emeritus IV, making his UK debut. Ghost have given us a party and what a hell of a party this is with a massive steller stacked setlist! Papa Nihil is here!!!! What a sax solo and like that he is gone again! When the fire works goes of it makes a hell of a deafening bang and when the fire goes off you can feel the heat from your seat and I cannot imagine how hot it must be on stage in all of Ghost's regalia when the fire balls hit! The Ghouls mess around whilst Papa has a quick costume change and we are met with Iron Man, god bless you Birmingham! Enter Sandman is played and it's the best most unique cover of this metal classic! Square Hammer is here to close this amazing set which has been nonstop and holy shit was this one of the best concerts I have ever been to. 
Ghost Setlist: Imperium, Kaisarion, Rats, From the Pinnacle to the Pit, Mary on a Cross, Devil Church, Cirice, Hunter's Moon, Faith, Spillways, Ritual, Call Me Little Sunshine, Helvetesfönster, Year Zero, Spöksonat, He Is, Miasma, Mummy Dust, Kiss the Go-Goat

Encore: Enter Sandman, Dance Macabre, Square Hammer

Check out my review for Ghost - Impera album here - https://1stmetalgodsblog.blogspot.com/2022/04/ghost-impera-album-review-classic.html

Thanks for reading and visiting my blog, stay shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment