Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Machine Head - Arrows In Words From The Sky E.P. Review

Machine head are one of my fave bands and I have had the honour of meeting before and they are such lovely tidy down to earth Guys. Their music speaks volumes and dives into so many emotions and feelings and events. I love and appreciate their musical talents so much! So they recently dropped a 3 track e.p. and they have posted sneak peaks into the making of the album and the hype I had was immeasurable and HERE WE ARE!!!! 

Detailing the dark place this material came from, frontman Robb Flynn explained to Kerrang magazine: ​“The lyrics to these songs took to me places inside I didn’t want to go, from the bile and negativity on Rotten, to nothing-will-beat-me-down fury of Become The Firestorm, to the title-track Arrows… being one of the saddest songs I’ve ever written, yet somehow has the power to lift me up out of what was a very dark time in my life. “My hope is that by sharing these dark experiences with the Head Cases of the world, it can save someone else out of that same dark place,” he says.

BECOME THE FIRESTORM - Blast beats in a Machine Head song... honestly didn't expect that. I like it. This song is a whole lotta anger and frustration to me it feels very like reflective of the apocalyptic times of 2020 but that's my take on my feeling for the song. 

ROTTEN - This one is going to be BANGIN' live, i swear down this is going to be such a fucking anthem to hear live. It's groovy and chunky as fuck! "I stare into the black, Anxiety attack, My heart is racing as my throat's constricting, With every cut and scrape, My skin it palpitates, Lying awake, I feel the terror grip me" - I love that verse, i really feel it. 

ARROWS IN WORDS FROM THE SKY - Lot of emotion here, it's a great little flowing ballad. I really feel this song and connect and sing it alot since the release of the song. 

I wish this E.P. was a full album because with material like this, it could be a contender for top tier MH albums. What a fucking 3 track album this is! 

I NEED A PHYSICAL RELEASE OF THIS ALBUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment