Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 June 2020

What Makes A Human Super? (poem/story)

Therapy,
There i went to get help,
Here i was thinking i was broken,
I spilled all my secrets,
All my feelings were on the floor,
I was in a puddle,

I was told nothing was wrong with me,
I convinced myself,
The world is wrong,

I am healthy,
I am sensitive,
I can feel the pain and emotions of others,

They said superhero's don't exist,
What about superhumans?,
There are people who can do great feats,
Great things have been achieved,
By those who have had less than nothing,

Some can swim and hold their breath for a long period of time,
Some can leap greater distances than others,
Some can move their bodies like a flowing river,
There's people out there who can not feel pain,

If i can feel others pain and relate to them, doesn't that make me super?,
If i can help others from danger and pain and depression, is that not a power?,
If i can be a beacon of hope, if i can be light for people in the dark,
Does that not make me a superhuman?,

I want to help others,
In hope to inspire and motivate and to pick their frowns upside down,
I want to make someone on the end of their tether laugh, so they may see the light,
I want to make the most loneliest, broken hearts smile upon my warmth,

Excuse me for ever not realising my potential,
I'm sorry for always apologising even when it's not my turn,
I am clingy around people who make me happy and that should be taken with appreciation,


You may ask what makes a human super?,
Or what makes a super hero?,
Is it to have super natural powers?,
Is it to be a visitor from another world?,
No!,

Determination, Kindness,
Generosity, Selflessness, 
Inner strength, Acting without thinking to save others, to make them smile,
Giving everything your all, To be an inspiration, to motivate others to do good,
To be all the good in the world,

This is what makes a hero,
These reasons are why i am a hero,
I am a super human,
I am a super hero,
And i will not give up to the negativity of the world,

I will not rest while villains bully and beat up the innocent,
I will be a beacon of hope, I am the light in the dark,
Nothing will extinguish my flame,
For I am light,
I am hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment