Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 June 2020

Alone At Death's Door (original poem/short story)

A shot in the dark,
No light to be seen,
I bleed, oh how i bleed,
No weapons around,
Not a soul to be seen,
I crawl and i cry,
Alone,

There's no one,
My life is over and it was all for nothing,
In the end my errors,
Made me go down the wrong path,
And now i have no one,
Nothing to save me,

Alone at death's door,
I cry out for no more,
End the suffering,
Someone save me,
Please make this pain end,
Alone at death's door,

Who was there for me,
Who really cared,
When alone i dared,
I dared to be different,
I sacrificed everything for a dream,

Light fading from my eyes,
Blood seeping through my white shirt,
It drips and leaks,
Following me as i crawl to the light,

Alone at death's door,
I cry out for no more,
End my pain,
End my suffering,
Please lord save me,
I don't want to be alone at death's door,

A noise echo's in the dark, getting louder,
Louder still the noise gets as i see no longer,
Heart beat slowing down,
The noise is louder than ever,
I feel someone grip me,
Some one is talking,

They're talking to...me?,
What are they doing to me?,
They're, they're helping me?.
No they're saving me!,
But why?!,

Why i cry out ever so softly,
WHY i cry as my anger swells up inside me,
Why would anyone help me,
Why would i be worth the trouble,

I have always been alone,
I have thrown everything,
I have thrown everyone,
Away....

Even i....went away.

Alone at death's door,
A light shines bright to my vision,
That light which burns,
It travels left to right,
God this hurts,

Alone at death's door,
I cry,  And I feel the cold icicles fall down my face,
I feel the warmth in my chest go colder,
And colder still my heart beats,
But it gets slower,
My wound is tight now,

It hurts is this what it's like to be at death's door,
Is there more to life than this,
Is this where we all go,
Is this how its supposed to be,
Is this pain really true,
Was this the last time i got to see you,

Is this how i am to be remembered,
Alone at death's door,
Teary eyed and bathed in blood,
The fast paced world is slowing down now,
I can't see, The noise, the noises they're fading,

Alone at death's door,
I'm fading to black,
Don't let me live in obscurity,
Someone please remember me,
Be inspired by my good,
Forget my wrong doings,

Alone at death's door,
I see nothing,
I feel something holding my hand tight,
I'm going numb,
I hear silence.......

There's a shock!
There's another shock!
What gives?!

There's noise now but.........

It flat lines.......

No comments:

Post a Comment