Total Pageviews

Friday 5 June 2020

First Time Blood Donation Experience

Tuesday 3 June 2020

Today I donated blood for the first time, it was a unique, interesting process and experience. Given the covid situation everyone was in ppe and constantly washing hands and at safe distances from each-other. 

The donation took place on my old secondary school grounds in the sports hall which madly enough has not changed at all and its been almost a decade since i last stepped foot inside that place. There was old footballs and basketballs still stuck on the ceiling inside the hall from when i was there the last time pretty much haha. 

The nurses, dr's and all staff there were lovely and made me feel comfortable and relaxed throughout my donation process. 

The process in total took an hour to do, most of it was just filling out paper work. 

The finger prick hurt more than the needle and my nurse was very impressed with my veins and blood so that's good stuff and also as of writing it has been days since the donation and i have no bruise from the process so that is also great stuff. 

Feels amazing to have done this and to know I'll be saving people's lives in donating.
So hey i stuck out and went in and faced my fears of needle and it was a fairly quick, comfortable, good experience. 

Shout-out and thank you to NHS Welsh Blood Service!

No comments:

Post a Comment