Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 November 2018

Random Ramblin's 37 - The Depressing Times Of The Workhorse

Uh Hi!
First of all, how do you like the new look? Took me a few hours but here we are! Nice, new, fresh, sleek, slick, dope, lit. Yes it is all those words and more! Just looking at the new design just makes me smile to be honest, i'm pretty proud of what i have done here, i hope all of you like it too :)
WELCOME TO THE NUW-METAL ERA!
 
Sooooooooo it's been a while and as the title suggests we are about to get a bit sad and down but don't worry i'll try and make it a bit cheerier near the end or something i guess who knows, let's see how this goes as my fingers proceed to hit the keys in all sorts of rhythmic motions as I vibe and stay entranced in retro wave music. 

Weird intro out of the way so first of all, I now have two jobs, yep it's true one job I have had for almost 2 years and the other i have been in for 2 months now. Don't really like the second job i find it boring, unsociable and a real drag overall. So the workhorse i have dubbed myself after Seth Rollins since he works a lot and now i do and often twice a day so yeah rough? Some days it is rough, other days its ok. 

Sad stuff now
Telltale games has shut down since my last random ramblin's, Gamesmaster mag has also now shut down. Stan Lee has passed away and so did my lovely Uncle Kenny. 

Uncle Kenny was a great man, a lovely man, one of the best easy. He was the first to introduce me to the act of magic and illusion and he always had this running joke with me that he had an actual wishing well as a kid when your 3-5 you'll believe anything and you know I'd go down his throw some money in wishing well make a wish and I'd always check the bucket when I rolled it up to find a bag of sweets, drinks, chocolates, crisps etc. Haha he always said to me everytime I seen him was about something new in his garden. "Alright boy, you'll never believe what I got in my garden. I got a Giraffe, An Elephant, a lion and a tiger" last time I seen him was before he became unwell which was about a month or two ago and he'd tell me then and remind me the stories and memories of going to his as a kid and telling me how his zoo in his garden is doing haha so random but that's Kenny to me, a funny random guy who was loved by all because he was so down to earth and just lovely in general and he'll be missed dearly. This Christmas bingo and drink will be strange without him but he'll be there in spirit and I'll be sure to have a whiskey for him. :)
Sorry to put a downer on things but life ain't all smiles and hardwork and it's ok to not feel ok. It's OK and natural and human to feel sad. It's OK to feel sad and to celebrate the memory of a loved one. Keep them in your hearts and memories forever. :)

Regarding Gamesmaster, i am in the last issue doing a review on spiderman and well here's a blog post all about it - https://1stmetalgodsblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/rip-gamesmaster-mag.html 

Regarding Stan Lee well what's to say? His work, his characters, stories, art and he himself overall have inspired me, tried to meet him once in London but was put off from the massive crowds. Gutted at this news but he's forever cemented as a legend and his legacy will live on forever. Thanks.
Let's mosey along!
11/11/18 - 100 years ago the great war stopped....machines guns fell silent, guns were dropped to the floor, and the brave came home after years of constant fighting. We lost many and we won't forget but we will always honour the fallen.

Things you may not know about me #1: I'm a Google certified local guide. I submit reviews, photos and answer questions on Google maps. I recently hit the landmark of 8000 views on my reviews and 5000 on my photos. I do this for fun and when I get free time and become bored really. I will continue to do these now and then and post on my facebook writers page primarily which can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/ScottJonesWriter

Halloween in work this year was interesting as i had my facepainted like Venom and scared many people and had strange looks all day haha. 

Movies
I have watched a lot since we last touched base so let me cover a bunch of movies i have seen in short.

Bohemian Rhapsody: 8/10
The Predator: 7/10
BlacKKKlansman: 8/10

Teen Titans Go To The Movies: 5/10 (i expected this film to totally suck but it was actually alright, i liked some songs, i liked the characters, there was some nice 4th wall breaks and jokes and some bits made me laugh)

Tag: 8/10

Johnny English Reborn: 5/10 (best scene was the Darude but also the VR scene was brilliant)

Bleach(Netflix film): 4/10

Fullmetal Alchemist (Netflix) 7/10 (I actually really liked this, only thing i hated was how fast they wrapped up the last hour and act)

VENOM: 5/10 (Expected it to be much worse than it was, Tom Hardy made the film decent is all because for the most part its a mess!)

Upgrade: 9/10 (surprise hit of the year for me i loved this!)
Searching: 9/10
Hush: 7/10
Equaliser 2: 7/10
Autopsy Of Jane Doe: 8/10
I'm sure i have seen a few more but as of writing this, this is all i remember.

Games
Spyro: I have not had the chance to play yet but i have it :)
RDR2: It's what i am still playing at the moment on chapter 4, the game had such a slow start but after chapter 2 it picked up more :)

Writing
Not going too bad it's slow on some projects but it's steady on the blog side as you can see. Getting to work on Predator fan fiction. Some Halloween and Power Rangers are also in the works :) More stuff here - https://www.facebook.com/ScottJonesWriter

Well that's all for this one, sorry for the long gap between random ramblin's but as you can see i been keeping busy here on my blog, in games, watching films, working and other life stuff so yeah, remember to stay shiny and i'll see you in my next post! :)

Special shoutout to my friend Richard who has now started his own blogging adventure: https://mytrickyjourney.blogspot.com/2018/10/bit-of-tricky-start.html

No comments:

Post a Comment