Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 November 2023

My Top 10 Highest Rated Films - 90's Edition

Hello there, So I thought I would do something different and interesting today and for the next few blog posts. I will be covering my top 10 films of different decades. This is written as of 9/11/2023, so I could update in the future but who knows. To make things fun and interesting, I will try to post a random fact about the film which you may not know. We all will know why I will love these films and I don't want to repeat myself saying the same sorta things over and over so random fact would be more fun and interesting, is my thought process.

I have lots of 5 star films in many decades BUT I will limit these posts to 1 per franchise rule. I am taking my rankings from the 5 star system of LETTERBOXD. Buckle up as it's time to smell that teen spirit and go to the raving 90s!

The Mummy
 "The Mummy" marked Brendan Fraser's breakthrough role, leading to his status as an action-adventure star in the late 1990s and early 2000s. 

The Mask
Jim Carrey's character, Stanley Ipkiss, wears a green mask. Due to the green colour of the mask, a blue mask was used during filming to allow for better special effects.

Starship Troopers
The film's mobile infantry suits were so heavy that the actors needed assistance to stand up after falling down while wearing them. They weighed around 40 pounds each.

Home Alone 2
The cameo appearance of Donald Trump in the film was due to the fact that the Plaza Hotel, where the scene was shot, was owned by Trump at the time.

Terminator 2
"Terminator 2" was the most expensive film ever made at the time of its release. The budget was approximately $100 million, a significant amount in the early 1990s.

Mulan
To create the character of Mushu, the filmmakers hired comedian Eddie Murphy to provide the voice. Murphy's improvisational humour added depth to the character.

The Green Mile
Michael Clarke Duncan, who played John Coffey, had never acted in a feature film before. His remarkable performance earned him an Academy Award nomination.

Dumb & Dumber
The infamous "most annoying sound in the world" scene was mostly improvised by Jim Carrey. The reaction of his co-star, Jeff Daniels, was genuine.

Toy Story
"Toy Story" was the first feature-length film created entirely using computer-generated animation. It marked a significant milestone in the history of animation.

The Truman Show
The name "Truman" is a play on the words "true man," reflecting the theme of authenticity and reality in the film. Jim Carrey's character, Truman Burbank, lives his life unknowingly on a reality TV show.

All of these films are iconic and classic, and I have seen so many times. Do you love or like any of these films? Comment and let me know and hit me up on letterboxd @Scotty2Jonesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment