Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 November 2023

My Top 10 Highest Rated Films - 00's Edition

Hello there, So I thought I would do something different and interesting today and for the next few blog posts. I will be covering my top 10 films of different decades. This is written as of 9/11/2023, so I could update in the future but who knows. To make things fun and interesting, I will try to post a random fact about the film which you may not know. We all will know why I will love these films and I don't want to repeat myself saying the same sorta things over and over so random fact would be more fun and interesting, is my thought process.

I have lots of 5 star films in many decades BUT I will limit these posts to 1 per franchise rule. I am taking my rankings from the 5 star system of LETTERBOXD. Strap yourself in for a ride through the millennium!

Inglourious Basterds
Quentin Tarantino wrote the role of Colonel Hans Landa specifically for Christoph Waltz. Waltz's performance earned him an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.

Donnie Darko
"Donnie Darko" was a commercial failure upon its initial release but gained a cult following on home video. Its enigmatic plot and complex themes have been a subject of analysis and discussion.

Shrek 2
"Shrek 2" was the highest-grossing animated film of its time. It is known for its clever pop culture references and humour.

V For Vendetta
 In the film, the character Evey, played by Natalie Portman, has her head shaved. Portman actually shaved her head on screen, a scene that had a profound impact on her and the character.

Saw
"Saw" was made on a modest budget, but its success spawned a long-running horror franchise. The film's unique premise and plot twists contributed to its popularity.

Star Wars Episode 3
The lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi was one of the most complex and choreographed fights in the "Star Wars" series, taking months to plan and rehearse.

Spider-Man 2
Alfred Molina's portrayal of Doctor Octopus received praise for its depth and complexity. The character's mechanical tentacles were controlled by a team of puppeteers.

Lotr Return Of The King
The film won 11 Academy Awards, tying with "Ben-Hur" and "Titanic" for the most Oscar wins by a single film. It is a record that still stands.

Kill Bill Vol 1
Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman developed the character of The Bride, also known as Beatrix Kiddo, specifically for her. The film is known for its stylized violence and homage to martial arts films.

The Dark Knight
 "The Dark Knight" was one of the first major Hollywood films to use IMAX cameras for several key action sequences. The use of IMAX technology provided a more immersive cinematic experience.

All of these films are iconic and classic, and I have seen so many times. Do you love or like any of these films? Comment and let me know and hit me up on letterboxd @Scotty2Jonesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment