Total Pageviews

Friday 17 November 2023

My Top 10 Highest Rated Films - 2010's Edition

Hello there, So we have reached the end of my top 10 Highest rated films decades series with this post. I will be covering my top 10 films of different decades. This is written as of 9/11/2023, so I could update in the future but who knows. To make things fun and interesting, I will try to post a random fact about the film which you may not know. We all will know why I will love these films and I don't want to repeat myself saying the same sorta things over and over so random fact would be more fun and interesting, is my thought process.

I have lots of 5 star films in many decades BUT I will limit these posts to 1 per franchise rule. I am taking my rankings from the 5 star system of LETTERBOXD. Buckle up, strap in or strap on for the last decade of cinematic universe is upon us today!

Your Name
"Your Name" is a Japanese-animated film directed by Makoto Shinkai. It became a massive success in Japan and internationally, surpassing Studio Ghibli's "Spirited Away" as the highest-grossing anime film.

Guardians Of The Galaxy
The character Groot, voiced by Vin Diesel, has only one line throughout most of the film: "I am Groot." However, Diesel recorded the line in multiple languages to convey various emotions.

Django
In one of the film's intense scenes, Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Calvin Candie, smashes a glass on the dinner table. DiCaprio actually cut his hand during the take but continued with the scene, and his real blood was used in the final cut.

Drive
The film's director, Nicolas Winding Refn, wanted a "real hero" for the lead role, and Ryan Gosling's character rarely blinks in the film to project an image of coolness and confidence.

Whiplash
"Whiplash" was originally a short film, also written and directed by Damien Chazelle. The short film was used to attract investors and secure funding for the feature-length version. "Whiplash" was made on a relatively low budget, but its impact was significant. The film's focus on music and the intense student-teacher dynamic resonated with audiences and critics.

Spider-Man: Across The Spiderverse
"Spider-Verse" employed a unique animation style that combined traditional 2D animation with computer-generated imagery (CGI), resulting in a visually stunning and dynamic look.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
The film's pacing is intentionally fast, with rapid editing and snappy dialogue. It mirrors the frenetic pace of the graphic novels and adds to the film's overall energy.

The Wolf Of Wall Street
The film holds the record for the most uses of the F-word in a mainstream, non-documentary film. It uses the word over 500 times.

Joker
Joaquin Phoenix prepared extensively for his role as Arthur Fleck, the man who becomes the Joker. He lost a significant amount of weight to portray the character's emaciated appearance and even kept a journal in character throughout the filming process to explore his character's psyche.

Baby Driver
 Edgar Wright had the idea for "Baby Driver" over two decades before making the film. He first pitched the idea in the 1990s but was only able to bring it to fruition in 2017.

All of these films are iconic and classic, and I have seen so many times. Do you love or like any of these films? Comment and let me know and hit me up on letterboxd @Scotty2Jonesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment