Total Pageviews

Monday 24 July 2023

Barbie Movie - Kenning Review!

So here is the second film review of the biggest cinematic event of the year, BARBENHEIMER! 
Now Greta Gerwig directs this bright, otherworldly flick which stars Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling among many other stars such as Simu Liu, Ncuti Gatwa, John Cena & Dua Lipa.
I'm literally him! He's literally me!

Barbie tells the tale of Barbie the doll and how they have their own land, and it's connected to our world. One day a Barbie (who is stereotypical Barbie aka Margot Robbie) goes through one of her never ending happy days until she has a deep dark thought which crashes the party and the mood of all the other Barbies and Ken's, and she ventures off to try and fix herself. Ken (Ryan Gosling) tags along, and we get a silly, fun and entertaining look at the lives of a Barbie and Ken, and we get a mirror shown at society, history and the real world we live in.
As the film say's at one point, there's no way Margot could ever be ugly.
Greta and all the cast involved did a fantastic job they really sold this film well. I had a good laugh with this and it entertained me. There's a scene that was apparently going to be taken out, but I think them keeping it in was for the best and without it some context and heart in the story would have been lost. Great to see original creator of Barbie in here too. The last time a lot of us seen or knew anything about the real Barbie was in that old Simpson episode if I'm not mistaken. The soundtrack has hits and misses, my faves are Ryan Gosling's "I'm just Ken" and Dua Lipa's "Dance The Night".

I really enjoyed this weird, fun, quirky, self-aware and meta entertaining branded film. If you are on the fence about seeing this quirky and pink film, please be rest assured and know that the rating is 12A.
4.5 🌟's
Yes it's just shy of 5🌟's I apologize in advance. I think the ending didn't need to be that is all, it was the weirdest part, which I know is quite daft to say because it's a film about plastic pink female dolls come to life, but that's how I felt. Oppenheimer was better.

BARBENHEIMER FOREVER BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment