Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 September 2022

Top 10 Jake Gyllenhaal Movies

Hello there, It's been a while since I have done a top 10 list and since I have been on a mighty binge of Jake Gyllenhaal films, I thought to myself why not do a list?
Basically with this list, I will be giving my thoughts and a little brief summary of the films just to try and flesh this post out haha. 

10: Prisoners
Keller Dove's (Hugh Jackman) daughter and friend go missing, he takes it upon himself to pursue the case as the police go after multiple leads. How far will a father go for his family. The tension and music is great, and it's shot superbly and Jake plays quite the calm character opposite Hugh. Great film! 

9: Stronger
A victim of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing helps the police track down the killers, while struggling with his trauma. Excellent portrayal here, not sure what else to say, it's a good film.

8: Brokeback Mountain
A beautiful and heartbreaking film. I found the performances to be just captivating to be honest just like the locations and shots on this film. It deserved its awards.

7: The Day After Tomorrow
The first film I have seen Jake in is this one and boy is climate change real, fast and dramatic! 

6: End Of Watch
Two young officers are marked for death after confiscating items from the cartel. Energetic and character driven piece, probably my fave David Ayer film with one of the saddest endings ever. 

5: Ambulance
Jake was so unhinged, it was insane! It was supposed to be a simple heist for war vet, Will Sharp. Desperate for money to cover his wife's medical bills, he seeks help from his adopted brother Danny. Danny offers Will the score of a lifetime with the biggest bank heist in LA history. 

4: The Guilty
Now this was gripping, I was on the edge of my seat all the way to the end. A demoted police officer is assigned to a call dispatch desk, when he receives a distress call from a kidnapped woman and terrible events unfold.

3: Southpaw
I love a good boxing film and this is one of them, I was hooked and was really enthralled into the story of Billy Hope and I also love a good edge of your seat boxing bout, there's always a nice surge of adrenaline when you are rooting for an underdog to win isn't their haha. 

2: Demolition
I recently watched this after seeing the dancing scene being memed and dubbed over with lots of different tracks on TikTok, and it's actually an excellent and gripping film, I was hooked on it and could not stop thinking about it for days after it. After losing his wife in a terrible accident, an investment banker finds hope through a woman he meets in Chicago. 

1: Donnie Darko
Safe to say, I have seen this one many times. Undoubtedly my fave film of Jake and one of my all times faves. After narrowly escaping an accident, Donnie is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit which manipulates him to commit a series of crimes. 

And that concludes my list today, thanks for reading!
I have a letterboxd account, so please feel free to visit me there from this link - https://letterboxd.com/Scotty2Jonesy

Got any film suggestions or top 10s you want me to make? Hit me up!
Comment/share and tweet me @ScottyJ193
Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment