Total Pageviews

Monday 15 March 2021

Top 10 Dua Lipa songs

Hey, what's up?
I hope you are well today, so here's a different list as not too long ago I got myself into Dua Lipa and I purchased Future Nostalgia album and loved all the songs on there. 
I am also including collabs with Dua in this list. 
So I'm going to be listing my top 10 faves. I hope you like this list and the songs on them and if you have any other suggestions please comment or tag me on twitter @1stmetalgod. 

10: Cool
In a statement to Apple Music where Lipa broke down each track on the “Future Nostalgia” album, Lipa explained the process behind “Cool” and her initial reaction to the song: “My A&R played me this song two years ago, and I instantly hated it. I was like, “Please never play me this again.” But a year down the line, when I was writing, he sat me down and was like, “I have something to play you.” And he just played the instrumental and I was like, “This is actually really good with no lyrics.” I went into the studio with Tove Lo and just had fun exploring. It has some Prince influences, and it was a range of my voice I hadn’t tried. This whole album was about exploring growth and trying out new things, so I wanted to embrace challenges. We wrote something that felt really real to me, and it’s just a romantic, summery song, about meeting someone who has you losing all your cool.”. Catchy and laid back this just gripped me through my first listen of Future Nostalgia and stuck with me since like a summer breeze through your hair on a car journey. 

9: Break My Heart
"Break My Heart" is an funky disco-pop song where Dua Lipa questions whether a new love will leave her nursing a broken heart again. The chorus is so catchy, cant help singing along to it. 

8: Prisoner
The synth-heavy rock track is a blend of Dua's techno and Miley's pop-rock styles. Cyrus told Zane Lowe it was one of several songs the two powerhouse divas cut together. "She wanted to keep going until it was right, until we found the one that honours our individuality," she said of Lipa. "We just waited until we felt like, "Now this is Dua-Miley song. You can just, everything about it reflects us." A great collab by Miley and Dua, often bopping my head to this song and singing along, it does stick in your head and becomes such a ear worm but hey its good.

7: One Kiss
This up-tempo track finds Calvin Harris paying homage to '90s-style house music. The song features seductive vocals about the power of a kiss by Dua Lipa. Harris has been a fan of the British-Albanian songstress since she released "Be The One" in 2015. "I just want to make dance music again, it seemed like a good opportunity to make a house-sounding record with her," he said in an interview with Zane Lowe. Dua Lipa is no stranger to successful collaborations, having scored UK Top 20 hits on "Scared To Be Lonely" with Martin Garrix and Sean Paul's "No Lie." This is one of the earliest songs I heard from Dua but i just appreciate it more now that I am into her music more, its a good collab. 

6: New Rules
It's about someone trying to move on from a relationship and establishing new rules with herself to keep herself from falling back into that failed relationship. Damn catchy, this was the first song i was exposed to of hers and i did not think so much of it but since i have gotten fully into Dua, I do appreciate and enjoy this song more. 

5: Hallucinate
Lyrically, the song finds Dua Lipa singing about loving someone so much it's making her lose her mind and "hallucinate." I enjoy listening to this, even making my own dance moves for this song in my head and whilst showering haha, so damn fun and catchy. 

4: Levitating
Dua Lipa's songs are often upbeat musically, but with downbeat lyrics about romantic difficulties ("Don't Start Now," "Break My Heart"). However, "Levitating" is an all-round euphoric jam. "It's about having fun and meeting someone and falling in love and thinking, 'You've probably met me at the perfect time, let's just go for it," Dua Lipa explained to Apple Music. "It's the feeling when love makes you feel like you're levitating. It's otherworldly." A damn fine catchy tune here i cant help singing along to, almost got all the lyrics down still working on it hehe but i love this. 

3: Physical
"Physical" is an upbeat electropop number in which Dua Lipa celebrates her intimacy with her lover. The song channels Olivia Newton-John's 1981 hit of the same name. A great song to jog or run to when the beat kicks in, i cant help but to do a flash dance rain scene whilst singing to this jam ah ha. 

2: Don't Start Now
The jealous ex just can't stand the fact that the singer is over their relationship. Dua Lipa tells him he's better off staying away rather than seeing her dancing with somebody else. "It's about moving on," Lipa told Radio.com. "It's about finding confidence in that and not letting anyone get in the way of your happiness. I think it's always important to remember that your happiness should come first." Regularly dancing and singing along to this and even showing the emote off in fortnite from this song haha, i loves it mun!

1: Love Again
After going through a toxic relationship, Lipa had given up on love, but now she's found somebody she can love again. Dua Lipa explained during an episode of the Netflix series Song Exploder that at the time she wrote the track, she was in a long-term relationship with a man who was being dishonest with her. Her inspiration was, "I need to be released from this." The song samples "My Woman" by Lew Stone & The Monseigneur Band and Al Bowlly, which Bing Crosby co-wrote and originally recorded. White Town famously sampled its trumpet instrumental in his 1997 hit "Your Woman." Both "Love Again" and "Your Woman" share the theme of an unhappy relationship and breakup. Like omg is this such a tune, i really love this song so much!

Thanks for reading, that's my list, come back again for more blogs and top 10s and all other assorted bits and bobs to make you laugh and make you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment