Total Pageviews

Friday 6 April 2018

A Quiet Place - Silent But Deadly REVIEW (NO SPOILERS!)

SHHHHHHH!
A Quiet Place is a silent horror film directed by John Krasinski, who also stars alongside Emily Blunt in this flick. The plot follows a family of four who must live life in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound and silence is the biggest and best character in the film! I will aim to be as spoiler free as I can!
Silence is golden it was atmospheric and so tense, I have never sat through a film and been so tensed up awaiting the creatures to kill someone because of an accidental noise being made, it's insane! Seriously before the film started there was the odd few rustling of crisp's and popcorn and the usual people talking or coughing and when the film started these noises stopped or people were doing it really quietly, it was a first to say the least. 

The Abbott family are highly likeable, for once a horror movie with kids in which they were not so annoying and dumb I thought, well besides one or two moments I suppose. 
Only back in February I seen trailers for this film and from then I was hooked, I was like "oh my god this looks scary and intense!" I told my friends about it and showed them the trailers to which they also reacted the same and said "WE HAVE TO SEE THIS ON THE BIG SCREEN!" and we did and we all enjoyed it like I said, it's a really good film! Might be worth noting we were all debating how we would all survive if the events of this film happened in real life....answer I think is we would not last long haha. 

The film left me wanting more not only knowing more about the creatures but also the world and what happened to the family between these gaps of day's we had for example one minute it was day 89 and the next 400 odd so it's like what the hell went on over the course of the year or so!? 
Props to Krasinski though he did a hell of a job with the screenplay, acting and directing this, it's his own masterpiece he has conducted, no other film i have seen in years has made an entire screen shut up soon as the film starts and stay absolutely quiet until the credits roll! A truly inventive, emotional, tense, film! Props to all cast and crew for this I hope it gains a great deal of success. 

No there are NO POST CREDITS OR AFTER CREDITS!

8/10! 
GO SEE IT BUT BE QUIET!

No comments:

Post a Comment