Total Pageviews

Monday 18 September 2017

Mother! - Film Review

Slow, Interesting, Complex, Disturbing & Horrifying!

Mother!

It's lovely in style and in it's cast and the brave direction and writing but I'm disturbed I even sat through this. Well my hands were scratching my head and just holding my face as I was utterly shocked by what I was watching so it got me reacting and had me thinking a lot about what is occurring. 

The first half was interesting and my mind was running around investigating trying to piece the film together and figure out what sinister thing is hiding underneath the bright colours onscreen.

The second half just fought back against my detective mind and threw it against the wall and stood on it and jumped on it repeatedly as the film played out to its conclusion.

It's 18 for it's strong violence but it should have also added strong disturbing scenes to it's content advisory. I seen the trailers before hand and I was really interested because it had great actors and there was Aronofsky attached so I knew it was going to be interesting and good.

The film is not bad by anymeans as I appreciate it's style and just being original and doing things I've not seen in a film before and that's brave!

Mother! 
Gets a 5/10 from me.

The film to me is disturbing and horrible in the nature of the content in the last act but it's also complex and interesting even if it is a bit slow to begin with. If you suffer from any post traumatic stress don't watch this film. If you do decide to watch it, please be aware of its violent nature.

If you were intrigued by the trailer or from my review then see it. Please remember it is graphic and disturbing and that I warned you, as this is not a film for everyone. 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WITH POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

After seeing the film and going home to write this i decided to watch some behind the scenes and interviews with Aronofsky. It is a deep film which is biblical and about life it's self or so i believe. I now understand a lot more and the idea Aronofsky went with and it's a good point and it's really interesting to bring it to life in this way through this film.

FUN FACT: Darren Aronofsky said it took him 5 day's to write this film script!

That's all from me on Mother! What did you think of the film? Let me know.

Thanks for reading, see you next time, stay shiny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment