Total Pageviews

Monday 13 November 2023

My Top 10 Highest Rated Films - 70's Edition

Hello there, So I thought I would do something different and interesting today and for the next few blog posts. I will be covering my top 10 films of different decades. This is written as of 9/11/2023, so I could update in the future but who knows.

I have lots of 5 star films in many decades BUT I will limit these posts to 1 per franchise rule. I am taking my rankings from the 5 star system of LETTERBOXD. To make things fun and interesting, I will try to post a random fact about the film which you may not know. We all will know why I will love these films and I don't want to repeat myself saying the same sorta things over and over so random fact would be more fun and interesting, is my thought process.

Strap in for a ride back to the soulful 70s!

The Exorcist
"The Exorcist" is known for its shocking scenes, but did you know that the sound of Regan's neck cracking during her infamous head-spinning scene was created by twisting a leather wallet inside an old leather jacket?

Jaws
While the animatronic shark used in "Jaws" was named Bruce by the production crew, it often malfunctioned during filming, leading to Spielberg creatively using suspenseful music and camera angles to build tension without showing the shark.

Blazing Saddles
"Blazing Saddles" features an iconic scene where cowboys enjoy a hearty campfire meal. The sound of their breaking wind during this scene was created using the recordings of actual cowboys and cowgirls.

Alien
The chestburster scene in "Alien" was a surprise to most of the actors. The only one who knew what would happen was John Hurt, whose reaction was genuine, creating a more authentic shock on screen.

The Godfather
The famous cat in the opening scene of "The Godfather" was not originally in the script. It was a stray cat that Marlon Brando found on the set and decided to include in the scene.

Grease
In the final scene of "Grease" when the car takes off into the sky, the car was actually a full-scale mechanical replica with wheels that retracted, making it appear as though it was flying.

One Who Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was one of the few films to win all five major Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Life Of Brian
Monty Python's "Life of Brian" was met with controversy upon its release but has since become a cult classic. The film was banned in several countries for its religious satire, but John Cleese's mother defended it publicly.

Star Wars
The iconic opening crawl of "Star Wars" was created using practical effects. The text was physically printed on a 6-foot-long camera bed and filmed against a starry background to achieve the famous scrolling effect.

HALLOWEEN
The original "Halloween" (1978) had a limited budget, so the famous Michael Myers mask was a William Shatner mask painted white and altered to create a more haunting appearance.

All of these films are iconic and classic, and I have seen so many times. Do you love or like any of these films? Comment and let me know and hit me up on letterboxd @Scotty2Jonesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment