Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 January 2017

Peculiar Unfamiliar

There I was laying in bed when suddenly I felt a tug a great tug upon my leg. A great force of strength that pulled and pulled til I hit my head. 

I landed on the floor full of darkness and nothing more. I questioned my surroundings to which my door was taking a pounding. It startled me greatly as I crept gently toward my door in this darkness evermore. 

I open the door to see nothing there just the darkness that is around me but something has found me. No one would be here now surely, I'm just lonely. Must be in my head apart of my dreams as nothing is what it seems. 

When I lay back in bed I heard quiet nothing is said. Until I hear someone under me crunching bread. I thought this is it the evil dead! 

How wrong I was, when a rat ran out and made me shout. That was when I stood up out of bed and walked through the darkness that never ends to turn on the lights to clear my head. 

For it is then when I put my hand on the switch I feel a breeze and someone whisper in my ear "This'll itch". 

I stagger in shock and retreat back to my bed under my covers, that voice was like my brothers. For then my body started to itch so I panicked and hit the switch to have my lights flicker and quicker for me to see a figure, standing in the corner with something in their hands. 

Left in a paralysed state of fear as they drew near with a weapon in their hands I started to cry and beg "why?".  To no avail the lights stopped flickering and turned on as soon as the being has pressed against me. 

Now they were behind but I could not see as I was blind, I heard a voice so softly. "Jacob calm down its me" spoken ever so sweetly. It was my wife Josephine there to help me. 

Despite our problems she is here for me supporting me like a column. She sat me down and whispered "It's all in your head" so calming and charming the way she used to say it best. 

Then I come to wake up in sweat realising she's at rest. 

I fight myself everyday at the struggles of life, can't see which reality is right. 

For now my child I bid you goodnight.

Written by: Scott Jones
29/01/17 5:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment